Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Those X%$#%$@*^ Early Bird Christmas Shoppers



Everyone knows someone who has their Christmas shopping done well before Christmas. In fact, some people shop for the next Christmas the day after most of us have just finished throwing out the wrapping paper! I am not afraid to admit that those people annoyed the daylight out of me! Disdain and jealousy would grip me, yet secretly I wished I was organized enough to be just like them...or have the TIME to do it! I recall feeling my panic and stress levels elevate when those people would tell me in October that they were finished with their shopping. "What?" "Huh?", I would ask, and under my breath I was cursing them and even snubbing my nose at them. "Who shops that early?" I would ask myself. "How can you be in the holiday spirit in October?" I would sarcastically ask. Well, guess what? It is mid-November and I have done a lot of my shopping for Christmas already. And you know what? It feels GRRRREAT! For the first time in over 25 years I have done what I never have been able to do before - shop without stress. I am sure everyone who is reading this can relate to those elevated stress levels and the pre-Christmas shopping daze that, for me at least, lasted up until Christmas Eve day at times, when I found myself rushing into stores for that last minute treasure that I was certain I'd forgotten. I also love that I am doing this shopping without a certain husband, who really never was much help, truth be told. This post is not meant to make anyone jealous or nervous. It is just such a great feeling that I had to share it. You can curse me under your breath, but guess what? I won't care! Teeeheeee!

2 comments: