Monday, November 2, 2009

Sunshine + Massage = A Great Day!


Waking up to sunshine is awesome. Gets my energy up and it is such a mood booster. Problem: one really stiff neck and a sore back (thanks Osteoarthritis!). With Artie working at his office in Lisle I decided it was a good time to call Massage Envy and treat myself to a one-hour massage. A T-bone car accident several years ago that left me with whiplash and a lifetime of neck pain has had me seeking out relief. Enter Massage Envy, which is conveniently located a few minutes away from my home. My "regular" therapist, Anessa, doesn't work on Mondays I found out, so I asked for a recommendation and was booked with Angie. I was very disappointed because Anessa usually works wonders with all the cricks, crinks, knots, and ouchies that I have on my back and neck. I went into this session with a bit of trepidation. Many of my friends will not even consider getting massages because they are intimidated by the process of having a "stranger" put their hands on their bodies. Pain has made me much more receptive to this. I admit the first time I went I was a bit nervous and squirmish. An hour of massage made me a believer! Because massages are personal and when you find a therapist you are comfortable with, having someone new made me a tad anxious. Well, as it turns out, Angie was AMAZING - slight in stature but has hands that feel like those of a 300 pound linebacker. She is my new hero! She has hands sent from heaven! She is intuitive and seemed to pinpoint all of those painful spots on my back and neck. So, I guess Anessa is history. The benefits of massage are many, in fact too many to avoid. Do yourself a favor and get one. It is so worth the squirmies!

2 comments:

  1. A massage? We spent the day re-writing reading assessments.

    Rumor has it that you might come in for a maternity leave. Do it! It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen must have precipitated that rumor. No, I doubt I want to give up the life of leisure I have now - the thought of reading assessments makes me dizzy. I better go lay down on my recliner...

    ReplyDelete