Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow White, Drama, "Wal Mart", and "People in My Bones"










Curious about the title of this post? I'll explain. Today was spent with the grandkids - Annie had her preschool Halloween party and was a stunning Snow White. The excitement of the looming party sent her into high drama, complete with flailing arms and tears. Kind of adorable in its own crazy way. So, the party was a success and we decided to go to Sunny Acres Pumpkin Farm (along with several busloads of school kids on field trips). After trudging through mud and playing on rides and in a crazy play park area, we decided to kick back for a snack. Landon and Annie found some walnuts on the ground and of course picked them up and tossed them around. Landon found an interesting round thing and asked, "Grandma, is this a Wal Mart too?" Wal Mart instead of WALNUT. Too cute for me. Then, while we were discussing allergies to bee stings (Lindsay), Landon looked up very seriously from his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and proceeded to tell us he was allergic to CHIPMUNKS! Where on earth did that come from? This is what makes 5 year olds so darned adorable. Later in the day Landon must have been experiencing his leg falling asleep because he told us there were "people in his bones". Brennan continues to wear his helmet with few complaints - his smile lights up the world. This is what it is all about. Grandchildren who make me laugh every time I am with them.

I've attached a few photos from today. I took 195, but can't attach that many. Go ahead, sigh in relief.

3 comments:

  1. OK, I'm now an official follower! You have an awesome blog! Loved today's pictures and stories to go along with them, especially Landon's walnut and people in his bones. :-) P.S. I'd like to see a pic of the chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which is better, the Walmart question or the people in the bones...
    Did you think of the rest of us today while you were ensconced in your new reclining chair while the rest of us sat on hard metal chairs in the gym enduring another year of Wheel of Wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I will post a picture of the chair. To answer you, Matty, I will be honest and say I actually talked about the Wheel of Wisdom assembly, but I didn't really THINK about sitting through it. Just another "aaaahhhhh...." moment for me of things I absolutely do NOT miss! I actually wasn't home today until just a little while ago. Had to babysit (Landon's Kindergarten Halloween party and Lindsay was room mom) and drive Dan to the doc for a skin abcess. I picked him up at work and then drove him to the doc and then home to Aurora. Great day to be driving...rain, rain, rain!

    ReplyDelete