Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Tease


The last few days have been incredible! Temps in the 60s and sustained sunshine for the most part. The "spring ahead" turning of the clock forward has now afforded us longer amounts of daylight. I have seen the return of robins and red-winged blackbirds and love hearing their little birdie tweets and twitters outside. I have tulips pushing their way up from the newly thawed ground. Great? Well, yes, except for one thing - having lived in this area my whole life I know this is the annual SPRING TEASE. It just won't last. My mother always told me that March was a crazy month (and she would always add - "Just like the people who are born in it!" - which coincidentally or not, my sister is!) I heard on a weather report the other day that three of our heaviest recorded snowstorms have been in March. So, although I put my heavy sweaters into my "seasonal" closet, I have a little fear that I might need them again. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I was sweating just looking at them hanging in my closet - I just HAD to get them out of there so Spring could begin in earnest.

Oh, what was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment