Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Sucks


Is the sun ever going to shine again in this part of the world? I am such a sun-driven person and all of this cloudiness and gloom is making me crankier than ever. Yeah, OK, it was warmer, but who cares? I would much rather have snow cover than have to look at all of Guinness' poop that has surfaced (bless Artie's house, he cleaned up about 5 pounds of it) and our Christmas lights that need to come down. Now they are screaming for me to remove them. Yesterday I found a newspaper from December 8th that had been buried under the snow mound in front next to our driveway. I got a kick out of that for some reason. It is snowing lightly right now, which is fine with me. I detest the brown smashed grass that we have to look at for months, choosing to live in the Midwest. Being cooped up in the winter is not good for me. Being retired and cooped up is even worse! I have tooooo much time to look around and see things that I want to do. I get soooo bored with things in the winter. My "To Do" list is growing daily. I have already "redone" the guest bath somewhat, and yesterday we moved Artie's home office into the living room. Luckily we had our pack mules, Danny and John, to do the moving of heavy furniture. Now we await the installation of French doors for the new office space. His old office will now be another much-needed guest room now that our boomerang boy came back to live at home. This is great because it gives me TWO new canvases to work on! If only I had an unlimited amount of cash...

No comments:

Post a Comment